The future is now
the fairer one
Source: Flickr / gomophotography
(Sunset over St Peter’s Bay, PEI, summer 2010)
Arctic explorer Peter Freuchen and his wife Dagmar Gale
Look at that couple of badasses
Don’t remove the credits, please
A man walked toward a flooded pavilion in an overflowing lake after Typhoon Fitow hit Hangzhou, China. Hundreds of thousands were evacuated after the typhoon hit eastern China, destroying houses and farmlands and closing ports and airports.
Almagul Menlibayeva is a Kazakh photo and video artist. Nomadic culture is ever-present in everything she creates.
'I find it difficult to get over the dramatic historical shift from nomadic to settled life style. I feel like it was this great shock for us, and that shock was displaced from our collective consciousness. I realised this accidentally—when I was once again confused for Japanese or Chinese. From my experience I know that no one outside the country is aware of the contemporary culture and history of Kazakhstan, thinking only that we're a republic of natural resources. How can that not make you think?'
Almagul’s work is heavily female-dominated. An enigmatic nomadic woman, devoid of aggression, but full of strength and freedom. (x)
Growing up, my most fond memories was visiting abandoned places with my brother. To this day, if opportunity presents itself, I bring my camera and take a few pictures. These are not my work ofcourse, but I hope you enjoy the visual beauty and maybe it brings fond memories of your own adventures.
- Abandoned Construction of Nuclear Power Plant. Photo By brokenview
- Chatillon Car Graveyard in Belgium
- Jiancing Historic Trail in Taipingshan National Forest in Taiwan. Photo By T.-C
- Abandoned theme park in nara dreamland, japan. Photo by michaeljohngrist
- Clock tower
- Old shack in a snow field, Idaho. Photo By James Neeley
- Abandoned terminal at Nicosia Airport. Photo By eyesfutur
- Milan, New Orleans. Photo By JustUptown
- Abandoned church in autumn. Photo by *CainPascoe
- Abanonded steam engine in Uyuni train cemetery, Bolivia. Photo By jimmyharris
[via My Modern Metropolis]
Forest Lane, Colorado
photo by vexing
Page 1 of 38